Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy 2015!


Well, the new year has begun and our few weeks of mild weather has come and gone -- with a vengeance!  The temperature hasn't yet broken 20 degrees and we've been pelted with snow, ice and wind.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I've been burning logs non-stop for days now.  As soon as I come home from work, bam!  On go the logs and the candles on the mantlepiece, I pull out my favorite I-9 hook, my yarns and crank away.



These little do-dads I hooked up recently. I ripped a ton of old quilting fabric scraps, tied them together randomly and began to crochet in the round.  Very rustic looking, a bit like rag rugs, don't you think?   A great way to recycle bits of cloth and they make great coasters.

Well, it's getting time to find that fireplace once again.  I think I'm going to try Lucy's pattern for crocheted granny triangles, which I just found today via her Flickr site.  Something different from my "Gargantuan Granny Square" afghans I've been working on lately!

by Lucy Attic24

Aren't they beautiful? Check out Lucy's tutorial by 
clicking on the image above!

No comments: