Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another great granny

Something in the air these days -- evenings draw in a bit more quickly.  You often need a sweater by dusk.  Birds are busier at the feeders, too.  

Another "gargantuan granny" in the making!  This one is for my 3-year old niece who lives in Berlin, and whom I have not met yet.  Someday I'll get over there and scoop her up into my arms and smother her with hugs and kisses -- and then she'll probably start screeching because who is this crazy stranger?



What I love about these gigantic grannies is the fact that they are almost meditative.  You simply keep repeating round after round, watching the piece grow in size.  It's also fun to be able to stop a moment and switch to another color.

I've got a few more rounds to go; then I'll finish off with a round of single crochet to keep the edges uniform.

How much yarn?  About 2 skeins using a K hook.  It measures about 3' x 3' -- just right for a little person!


No comments: